Every position at Shoemaker & Haaland offers the opportunity to work on a variety of project types in a range of market sectors including municipal, industrial, commercial, healthcare, and educational infrastructure. All positions have the potential for career growth and business management involvement. Shoemaker & Haaland provides competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include Medical (Traditional and HSA), Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Sick, Holidays, Vacation, and 401(k). In addition, we offer an Employee Stock Ownership Plan to all employees once employment requirements are met.
Shoemaker & Haaland Professional Engineers, Inc. has an immediate opportunity for a lead Civil Engineer with 6+ years of experience in our Coralville, Iowa office. Individual will lead Civil Engineering in the Coralville office and work closely with the department manager in the Cedar Rapids, Iowa office.
- 6+ years of experience in an engineering field
- Iowa Civil PE license or the ability to obtain through comity
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Able to work well and lead in a team environment
- Experience producing bid documents
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Civil 3D
- Experience in water, storm, and sanitary sewer design
- Transportation design including roadway alignments and profiles and pavement thickness analysis
- Traffic control
- Site grading
- Industrial and institutional design experience a plus
- Supervising, coordinating, producing, and reviewing work
- Client communications
- Cost estimating and quantity takeoffs
- Specification and contract document preparation
- Assist in preparation of marketing materials/proposals
- Navigating bid processes
- Serve existing client base and facilitate future growth
Salary commensurate with experience.